Are you looking for an opportunity to impact the experimental hematology field in a lasting way? The International Society for Experimental Hematology has a leadership opportunity that will put your name on the map within the field and with your colleagues.
Experimental Hematology Editor in Chief – Role Description
- Accept full Editorial authority and responsibility for all articles published in Journal.
- Maintain, to the best of his/her ability, the confidentiality of the peer review system and pre-published and submitted materials.
- Attends ISEH’s annual conference, editorial team meetings and others as requested by the Board of Directors.
- In partnership with the International Society for Experimental Hematology Board of Directors, defines the overall strategic direction of the Journal.
- Strives to identify areas of emerging importance and actively solicits with assistance from the Associate Editors and Editorial Board, the best work in those areas.
- Continually reviews aims and scope and journal categories to ensure alignment with ISEH mission and journals strategic direction.
- The Editor’s duties comprise the overall administration of the Journal and peer review process. These duties include assigning new manuscripts to appropriate editorial board members or reviewers, participating in any triage process, selecting worthy papers and topics to be highlighted with editorials, perspectives or reviews and inviting authors to submit such manuscripts; handling objections, conflict of interest issues, errata, and retractions; making decisions for reject/accept and communicating those decisions to authors.
- Reviews page proofs and coordinates oversight of corrections/changes to managing editor.
- Plans and identifies manuscripts and categories for each issue with editorial flow in mind (review of “traffic book”).
- Reviews all standard letters sent out from the EES system for clarity and consistency.
- Presents annual report to the ISEH BOD at the Annual face-to-face board meeting.
Editorial Team (Publisher, Executive Director, Scientific Editor, Managing Editor)
- Liaises effectively with all members of the Editorial Team to ensure effective day to day operation of the journal.
- Participates in regularly scheduled and ad hoc teleconferences with Editorial Team.
- Makes recommendations for improvements within the EES system to the managing editor.
- Supervision of the Assistant to Editor/Scientific Editor position.
Associate Editors, Editorial Board, Reviewers
- Chairs teleconferences with Editorial Board.
- Assigns Associate Editors and Editorial Board members and reviews annual contracts.
- Established yearly goals and assignments.
- Serves as a resource to the Associate Editors and Editorial Board.
- Reviews applications to become a journal reviewer.
Timeline for candidates
- Deadline for applications June 15
- Interview decisions July
- Interviews August (if available at the ISEH Annual Conference)
- Final Decisions November
- On-boarding starts January 2017
Criteria for submissions
- Statement regarding experience and level of interest (max. 2 pages)
- Statement describing innovative ideas and vision for the journal (max. 1 page)
Click here to visit ExpHem.org
Click here to view the current Editorial Board